Post Type: Articles/News Hits: 1510 Date Added: 2008-05-29
Posted By: source: Pinoy Nurse Community
Description: 1. All objects used in a sterile field must be sterile.
- All articles are sterilized by dry or moist heat
- 15 day is the prescribed time
- Storage area should be clean and dry
- Check sterilization date
- Check clinical indication of sterilizatio
2. Sterile objects become unsterile when touched by unsterile.
3. Sterile items out of vision or below the waist of the nurse is unsterile.
4. Sterile objects become unsterile throught prolonged exposure.
5. Fluid should be flown to direction of gravity.
6. Moist that passes through a sterile objects draws microorganisms from unsterile surface above or below to the sterile surface.e by capillary action.n.
7. The edges of a sterile field are considered unsterile.
8. The skin cannot be sterilized and is unsterile.
9. Conscentiousness, alertness and honesty are essential qualities in maintaining surgical asepsis.