BENGUET STATE UNIVERSITY - COLLEGE OF NURSING
|Category: Nursing-School Hits: 7257 Date Added: 2007-12-26|
Comments: 8 View Comments Rating:
The College of Nursing was created under Board Resolution No. 514 on March 31, 1993. Prior to its creation as a College, it was a Department under the College of Arts and Sciences where the BSN course was started in 1990 pursuant to Board Resolution Nos. 340 and 340-A.
The idea of offering the nursing course at the Benguet State University was conceptualized in the late 1980's after the phasing out of the only government school of nursing in the Cordillera Region, the Baguio General Hospital and Medical Center School of Nursing, which was phased out in 1985 by the Department of Health.
On September 24, 1992, a memorandum was signed by Executive Secretary Edilmiro Amante for the President of the Philippines conforming the offering of the BSN program which started in 1990. This was made possible through the combined efforts and representations of Congressman Dangwa and University officials led by Dr.Lucio B. Victor, University President, Dr. Carlos T. Buasen Sr. Executive Vice President, and Dr. Ursula C. Perez, Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The conversion of the Department of Nursing to College of Nursing took effect on June 1, 1993 under Administrative Memorandum No. 01 , s. 1993 with Dr. Florence Cayong Cawaon as the first Dean of the College. The pioneer instructors for professional nursing courses were Mrs. Carol J. Lim and Mrs. Louisa F. Laron, staff nurses of the University clinic.
Benguet State University
La Trinidad, Benguet, 2601
Contact No: Trunklines: (+6374) 422-2127, 422-2402
Excellent nursing education that provides graduates with self-direction, competence, and compassion
Provide a strong academic and professional foundation for the practice of nursing.
1. To provide high quality nursing education that emphasizes the highest attainment of professional competencies and responsible nursing through efficient and effective instruction and clinical supervision.
2. To strengthen curricular offerings that develop the ability of the student to make critical and informed judgements in nursing practice as well as skills to provide quality patient care.
3. To prepare the student to assume responsibilities for personal and professional development by contributing to the advancement of nursing through research and continuing education.
4. To develop in the student desirable attitudes toward human values and cultural heritage
5. To establish, maintain, and strengthen linkages with appropriate agencies on areas of mutual concern for the development of the College.
6. To extend services to the community through health education classes, basic health services, and training activities.
To develop and equip a nurse with knowledge and skills based on a strong foundation on the behavioral, biological,s natural, social, and nursing findings, and demonstrate beginning professional competencies.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
1. Be a graduate of a general or a vocational secondary school duly recognized by the Department of Education (DepEd).
2. Be admitted only to the first year level during the first semester.
3. Have an average of 85% or better in the fourth year high school
4. Have passed the Admission Test administered by the Guidance Office and have met the cut-off score set by the College Executive Council.
5. Not be:
a. A graduate of a college course
b. A transferee from other schools
c. A shifter from other courses within the University
6. Be physically fit
7. Submit the following documents:
a. The original and a photocopy of Form 138, which has not been cancelled by another school
b. A certificate of good moral character executed by the Principal of the School where the applicant graduated
c. Four copies of 2 x 2 photos taken within 3 months prior to application
d. A photocopy of birth certificate
Feedback/Comments/Suggestions: (Max. 255 chars)
(Pls. include your EmailAdd or Contact No. in the message if you are doing an inquiry, so that the company concerned can reply to you)
Note: For any corrections or updates on this account.
Please email us email@example.com
| U.S. CITIZEN|
Posted Date: 2011-05-27 @ 18.104.22.168
|ALL U.S. CITIZENS BEWARE!
Please, DO NOT take up NURSING education in the Philippines!
If you are a U.S. citizen the PRC & BON will DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU! And, you can NOT take the board exam. PLEASE, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME & MONEY ON THE PHILIPPINES|
Posted Date: 2011-04-13 @ 22.214.171.124
| claire cabbigat|
Posted Date: 2011-02-16 @ 126.96.36.199
|kelan po ang result ????????kc po im interested ee...i want to attend my college life at your school..|
Posted Date: 2011-02-14 @ 188.8.131.52
|i will enter y college at your school|
Posted Date: 2011-01-09 @ 184.108.40.206
|could you please let me know where you are located, how long is the course, my goddaughter is going to graduate this march or may and i am encouraging her to take nursing, is there a way that she can have a work study there,firstname.lastname@example.org|
Posted Date: 2009-03-07 @ 220.127.116.11
|can i ask if you have a list from nursing..curriculum|
Posted Date: 2009-02-21 @ 18.104.22.168
|one of the best schools who's skills can be globally competitive...|
Posted Date: 2008-09-05 @
Iam looking for the address or any contact for ( AL-Hasan,Yasser Espino ) his seq.no. 776 - he passed the board.
pls. urgently responce
I am his father
Engr. Rifat Mousa Al-Hasan
Dubai - UAE
Benguet State University - College of Nursing in e-Nurselink.com